69th International Congress and
Annual Meeting of the
Society for Medicinal Plant and
Natural Product Research (GA)
September 5 – 8, 2021
- Prof. Dr. Werner Knöss (Congress President)
- Friederike Hanswille
- Prof. Dr. Gabriele König
- PD Dr. Gudrun Ulrich-Merzenich
- Dr. Jacqueline Wiesner
- Cornelia Kern
Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research
c/o Kooperation Phytopharmaka GbR
Plittersdorfer Str. 218
T: +49 (0) 228 365 640
F: +49 (0) 228 351 390
Dear members of the global GA-network,
dear scientists interested in Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research,
The world is facing a huge challenge – the pandemic has been affecting our daily and professional life. After the GA-meeting could not take place in San Francisco in 2020, we were optimistically planning the GA-conference 2021 in Bonn. Because of the development of the pandemic, however, we decided to go for a virtual meeting. This will be a new and exciting experience. At the same moment we have the chance to communicate, to exchange science, to connect and interact from all over the world and to plan for the future.
The scientific program of the GA conference will include plenary lectures, keynote lectures, short lectures and workshops. Moreover, we offer a competition for a number of recorded contributions, which will be made available on the conference platform. Virtual poster sessions and invitations for poster flash presentations will enlarge our knowledge. Sponsors are invited to use virtual exhibitions and to interact with participants.
The objective of our society is to have four days of science, discussion and interaction. Please, take this chance to be a part of this virtual GA-meeting in a global environment of participants.
We are looking forward to meeting you online!
- Rudi Bauer
- Anna Rita Bilia
- Alessandra Braca
- Emerson Ferreira Queiroz
- Nikolas Fokialakis
- Robert Fürst
- Stefan Gafner
- De-an Guo
- Michael Heinrich
- Andreas Hensel
- Attila Hunyadi
- Oliver Kayser
- Olaf Kelber
- Werner Knöss
- Gabriele König
- Judith M. Rollinger
- Bernd Röther
- Krystyna Skalicka-Woźniak
- Hermann Stuppner
- Gudrun Ulrich-Merzenich
- Cica Vissiennon
- Jacqueline Wiesner
Main Scientific Topics
- One Health, access and benefit sharing
- Animal Healthcare and Veterinary Phytotherapy: Science and Practice
- Antiinfectives and epidemiology
- Analytics, recent methodology and applications
- Translational natural product pharmacology
- Endophytes and microbes
- Regulation of herbal and traditional medicines
- Medicinal plants and natural product research on Traditional Medicines
- Recent Advances in medicinal plant and natural product research
- held as pre-symposium of the annual GA conference on
- Sunday, September 5, 2021 from 11:00 to 16:30
- Abstract submission deadline: June 15, 2021
- Registration fee: 20 EUR
What is the aim of the workshop?
The Young Researchers’ Workshop (YRW) offers the unique opportunity to present own data as a short talk (10 min plus 5 min discussion) in a free and relaxed atmosphere. Special emphasis is laid on an intense discussion between all participants.
When does the YRW take place?
The workshop is held on Sunday, September 5, 2021 as a pre-symposium of the Annual GA Conference 2021. It will start at 10 am and end at approximately 3 pm.
Who can submit an abstract?
PhD students and early stage post-docs (only within their first year) are invited to submit an abstract for a short talk. Only high-quality abstracts can be considered. The YRW jury consisting of the Professors Alessandra Braca, Robert Fürst, Jürg Gertsch and Anastasia Karioti will review the abstracts and take the decision on whether a short talk will be granted or not. If the abstract is not accepted for the YRW, it will automatically be evaluated as regular submission for the main conference.
What happens during the YRW?
After a welcome note, the YRW will start with an impulse lecture by a young but established scientist who will give insights into his/her area of research. He or she will also highlight who to step into and advance a scientific career. The main part of the YRW will be dedicated to short lectures. The YRW jury will select the two best presentations and will bestow the prizes to the two awardees in the YRW closing session.
What do the prizes include?
The two best presentations will be awarded with two categories of prizes: The Innovation Award (1,000 EUR sponsored by Professor Jürg Gertsch) and the Bionorica YRW Award (600 EUR sponsored by the company Bionorica SE).
|Regular, before 31.07.2021||After 31.07.2021|
|Student non GA-member||70||90||110|
|Young Researchers’ Workshop||20||20||20|
Registrations are processed on our conference platform Converia. Please click here to register.
Instructions to authors
- Submission is made on behalf of all authors. Abstracts should represent good scientific practice and will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee
- Please select, if your abstract is intended for the Young Researchers Workshop, a video-presentation (which is made available for selected contributions on the conference platform), a short lecture (for selected contributions) or a poster. In case the contribution will be accepted, but not selected for a special category, your contribution will be foreseen for the virtual poster session.
- In case of acceptance, the abstracts will be published in an electronic conference book of abstracts, which will be provided only to participants.
- The template provided should be used for submission of abstracts. The pre-defined font size is to be applied.
- The overall size should not exceed the lined box, which is defined.
- The abstract may contain within the frame oft he box one figure, picture or table.
- If you agree to publication of your abstract in an issue of Planta Medica, you agree with the provisions layed down by Thieme Verlag on behalf of all authors. The text provided with the abstract will be used. If your abstract is including a figure, picture or table this must be uploaded as an additional file for further processing by Planta Medica. Please, take into account, whether there are any restrictions on ownership.
- Deadline for abstract submission: 15th of June 2021.
You can download the above mentioned template here (docx).
Abstracts are processed on our conference platform Converia. Please click here to submit your abstract.
Advantages for sponsoring the congress
As a sponsor or exhibitor at the GA2021 you can testify your enthusiasm to the field of natural products research. Your products and services can be presented to a motivated and well informed specialist public, including opinion leaders decision-makers and of the research centres of natural product research and medicinal plant industry from all over the world. In short, they are your present and new customers. The average participant number on GA congresses is about 700-800 persons. This congress offers an excellent place to promote your products and services to interested specialists.
If you are interested in exhibiting at GA2021, we offer sponsoring and exhibition packages as well as custom-made solutions to help you to find the connection to your partners. Please contact email@example.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.