Planta Medica is one of the leading international journals in the field of natural products publishing high quality papers on topics in the field also including marine organisms, fungi as well as microorganisms – and medicinal plants. Planta Medica accepts original research papers and reviews from researchers worldwide. The journal publishes 15 issues per year.
The following areas of medicinal plants and natural product research are covered:
- Biological and Pharmacological Activities
- Natural Product Chemistry & Analytical Studies
- Pharmacokinetic Investigations
- Formulation and Delivery Systems of Natural Products
The journal explicitly encourages the submission of chemically characterized extracts.
Contributions reporting the following are not normally considered for publication and will be immediately rejected if:
- The manuscript does not fall into any of the above Areas
- Activity data are reported without comparison to a recognized positive control
- Plant extracts have not been characterized by analysis of their major constituents (e.g. HPLC, GC, NMR)
- Predictable bioactivity is reported (e.g. antioxidant properties of phenolic compounds)
PLANTA MEDICA online-only subscription at reduced rates for GA members
From 2008 on the Society for Medicinal Plant Research offers for all individual members an electronic subscription of Planta Medica at reduced rates – including full text access to all articles – with 2 options for access to back issues:
- subscription with back issue access to 1998: 60 € p.a.
- subscription with back issue access to 1953: 100 € p.a.
The subscription is valid for one calendar year. In October of every year the annual invoice for membership fees will be sent out together with the option for the Planta Medica online-only subscription for the following year. Both have to be paid before November 15, otherwise the option for the online subscription for the coming year will expire (New members applying during the year can only subscribe for the following year).
Before January Thieme Verlag will provide all subscribers with the necessary access data for the coming year.
This offer is limited to individual members of the Society for Medicinal Plant Research. Use of the articles for individual purposes only (including individual research). No transferring or forwarding of articles to other persons or institutions (universities, libraries, companies) allowed.
More information on GA membership