Analytical Development Manager (m/w/d)
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Analytical Development Manager (m/w/d)
Your Tasks And Responsibilities
- Lead the analytical development, validation and method transfer for new herbal/natural ingredients and products
- Responsible for the operations of the analytical development laboratory ensuring state of the art technical capability, effective trainings and processes
- Lead the laboratory digitalization by driving the implementation of new software’s and systems
- Manage the budget and investment to maintain and renew the laboratory capabilities
- Ensure compliance to SOPs and Bayer standards and be the product development center representative within the divisional quality community
- Shape future industry standards in the natural field by leading cutting edge and data science projects
Who You Are
- University degree in Life Sciences, PhD in analytical chemistry or related
- Several years of experience in Phytomedicine company or FMCG/OTC industry
- Track record of new analytical method development
- Knowledge of GMP and GLP requirements
- Excellent interpersonal leadership with a first experience of team management
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude and strong drive to achieve results
- Problem solving focus, decision-making ability and partnership skills
- Fluent in German and English
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Division: Consumer Health
Reference Code: 485323
Post-doctoral fellowship 18 months
- ORGANISATION/COMPANY: University of Tours
- RESEARCH FIELD: Chemical engineering; Pharmacological sciencesPharmacognosy
- RESEARCHER PROFILE: First Stage Researcher (R1), Recognised Researcher (R2)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 08/11/2021 12:00 – Europe/Brussels
- LOCATION: France › Tours
- TYPE OF CONTRACT: Temporary
- JOB STATUS: Full-time
- HOURS PER WEEK: 35
- OFFER STARTING DATE: 03/01/2022
EA 7502 Synthèse et Isolement de Molécules Bioactives (SIMBA) https://simba.univ-tours.fr/
Pr Leslie Boudesocque-Delaye firstname.lastname@example.org
ANR JCJC 2019 natural Deep Eutectic solvents foR Microalgae bIorefinery in Cosmetics (DERMIC)
The use of microalgae have focused the interest of cosmetic industry for some years now, as renewable resources of various biomolecules. Natural Deep Eutectic Solvents (NaDES) represent an exciting opportunity for microalgae eco-extraction. NaDES are considered as a new generation of green ionic liquids. Their main interest lies in their renewability and biodegradability as they are prepared by mixing vegetal cellular constituents. Their composition makes also NaDES truly biocompatible allowing to avoid solvent removal step. Numerous references described NaDES as solvent for solid/liquid extraction of plants, mostly focusing on polyphenols and flavonoids but no reference deals with microalgae extraction. This project propose a biorefinery approach using NaDES to produce several cosmetic high added-value ingredients from microalgae biomass. Cosmetic dedicated NaDES will be designed, characterized and applied to several microalgae to propose a sustainable upgrading scheme.
The post-doctoral fellow will be in charge of designing multistep biorefinery process, based on preliminary data of the project. Especially, Centrifugal Partition Chromatography process will be to refine NaDES global extracts. In silico screening of biphasic solvent system and unitary operation will be performed using thermodynamics tools as COSMO RS software. Three microalgae species, Spirulina, Porphyridium sp. and Chlorella sp. will be investigated.
This project was funded by the National Research Agency, and will take place in the EA 7502 SIMBA (Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Tours). The fellow will work in collaboration with one post-doc, 2 PhD students, one technician and a master student.
Skills / diploma
PhD in natural product chemistry or extraction process engineering or chemistry
Extraction/biorefinery skills will be mandatory, expertise in microalgae extraction will be welcomed.
COSMO RS or aspen software knowledge was highly recommended.
team player, autonomy
25 to 30 k€ annual