Announcement Egon-Stahl-Award in Silver 2021
On the occasion of his 60th birthday, Professor Dr. Dr. h. c. mult. Egon Stahl donated a medal, a document and a monetary prize in order to recognize and promote young scientists working in the field of Pharmacognosy (Pharmaceutical Biology) and Analytical Phytochemistry.
As a rule, the silver medal and an award of € 3,000 should be awarded to scientists up to the age of about forty, who have published outstanding scientific work during the years following their graduation.
In 2021 the ESA Silver Award will be given during the GA-Congress. The award winner will be invited to present a lecture.
Members of the Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research (GA) are invited to submit nominations for candidates together with supporting data to the Head of the Awards Committee of GA.
A nomination for the prize has to include a motivation letter explaining the significance of the scientific achievements of the candidate, a CV of the candidate, an index on her/his publications, and reprints of several of his/her more recent publications. All publications can be taken into consideration.
Deadline for submissions is 15th May 2021.
Announcement Bionorica Phytoneering Award
The Bionorica Phytoneering Award acknowledges outstanding research in the field of development and application of herbal medicinal products.
The purpose of the award is to motivate primarily young scientists (normally younger than 45 years of age) to perform research in phytomedicine focusing on the following areas:
- generally any new discovery and innovative application related to phytomedicine
- pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of herbal medicinal products and their active principles
- clinical research in the areas of respiratory tract infections, inflammation, womenʼs health, pain, oncology and metabolic syndrome
- safety and pharmacovigilance studies
Scientists or research groups of universities and other non-commercial scientific institutions are entitled to apply.
The Bionorica Phytoneering Award 2021 will be granted during the GA-congress. The award-winning scientific results will be presented during the congress in a lecture.
The Bionorica Phytoneering Award is endowed with 10,000 €.
Scientific publications on a specific topic which have been published during the last three years can be considered. They must be submitted along with an accompanying document explaining the significance and relevance of the submitted publications in the broader scientific context, a CV, and a list of publications.
Deadline for submissions is 15th May 2021.
Announcement of the 2021 Dr. Willmar Schwabe Research Scholarship for Young Scientists
Endowing Sponsor: Dr. Willmar Schwabe GmbH & Co. KG, Karlsruhe (Germany) Endowment: € 10,000
The aim of the Dr. Willmar Schwabe Research Scholarship for Young Scientists is to support young scientists, especially from developing countries, in a research attachment to a leading research institution. Projects focusing on pharmacological or clinical research of phytopharmaceuticals and their active substances are particularly welcome. The award is exclusively used for travelling and living costs of the awardee, and not for consumables. Duration of the attachment of at least 6 months is mandatory.
Criteria for application
- Advanced PhD students (year 2 onwards), and postdocs.
- In case of similar scientific quality of applications applicants from developing countries shall have priority.
- GA membership for at least one year prior to application, with paid fees.
- Age: preferably 30 years of age (postdocs) or younger (PhD students).
- The hosting institution states in the Letter of Acceptance that (i) it is prepared to cover the cost of consumables used for the research project; (ii) that the student will have an adequate laboratory infrastructure and; (iii) that a tutor is assigned who will supervise the applicant during his/her stay.
Documents for application
- Letter of Motivation (applicant)
- Letter of Support (supervisor)
- CV and list of publications
- Project description including experimental design, time schedule and justification why the research shall be performed in the respective institution
- Letter of Acceptance (hosting institution)
- Confirmation of the host institution to cover the laboratory costs (consumables)
- Specification of costs for travelling and living
The Dr. Willmar Schwabe Research Scholarship for Young Scientists will be granted during the GA-congress. The scientific results of the project shall be presented during the next annual congress, preferably in a short lecture. The awardee has to prepare a final report on the project supported by this grant. This report is to be signed by the head of the host institution. A copy of the signed report has to be sent to the GA president and to Dr. Willmar Schwabe GmbH & Co. KG. In case of publication of the results the award has to be mentioned in the Acknowledgement.
The deadline of submissions is May 15th , 2021.
Any relevant contact information, e.g. people in the story who agree to be contacted, general contact info from the society:
Prof. Dr. Anna Rita Bilia firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Olaf Kelber email@example.com